In An Accident?
If so, follow these steps…
- First and foremost, determine whether anyone has been hurt and seek prompt medical attention for those with injuries.
- Once it has been determined that no one has been seriously hurt, remove the car from the road if it is creating a hazardous condition. Abandon a burning car immediately.
- Exchange all pertinent information, such as name, address, registration, insurance, etc. with the other driver, including daytime and evening telephone numbers. If possible, get the other driver’s insurance policy number. In the case of a third party claim this may be helpful in filing.
- If the possibility of a dispute over fault or negligence exists, get names and addresses from possible witnesses.
- Do not drive a car from the scene of an accident if it is leaking fluids, making strange sounds, or if there is any interference with the operation of wheels and tires. If you are in doubt as to the operating condition of your car, request a tow truck. Your insurance company will pay for the towing. If you intend to drive your car from the scene of a front-end collision, do not try to open your hood afterwards because it may be difficult to refasten it securely.
- You may select any shop you wish to make the necessary repairs to your vehicle. If you need to be towed, you can still choose your repair shop. No one can force you to use a particular shop.
If you need a tow truck or a rental car, contact us and we can refer you to the nearest location.